Post edited 6:49 pm – 08/06/2009 by PS3 Trophies
This is a trophy guide for CoD:WaW. The trophies are not to hard, because most are done in single-player. This is the newly edited version with some suggestions put in by NuFc_kNoXiE_KiLa and Pool96. Enjoy!
-Get Your Hands Dirty – Complete 'Semper Fi' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Bloody Peleliu – Complete 'Little Resistance' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- The Sword Is Broken – Complete 'Hard Landing' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Architect – Complete 'Vendetta' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- The Hammer Strikes – Complete 'Their Land, Their Blood' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Scorched Earth – Complete 'Burn 'em Out' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Fearless Complete – 'Relentless' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Hell on Wheels – Complete 'Blood and Iron' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- No Return – Complete 'Ring of Steel' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- When It Rains, It Pours -Complete 'Eviction' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- One Bad Gato – Complete 'Blackcats' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Blowtorch and Corkscrew – Complete 'Blowtorch and Corkscrew' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- The Sun Sets - Complete 'Breaking Point' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- For the Motherland – Complete 'Heart of the Reich' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
- Bearing the Burden – Complete 'Downfall' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
For the above trophies, all you have to do is beat the specified level on Veteran Difficulty. The best advice i would give for beating these on Veteran, is to play through the levels first on easy, and memorize shortcuts, spawn points, enemy locations, tasks, weapon locations, etc. Once you know those, the level should be a little bit easier. Also, you need to have patience. Some of these levels are very frustrating. Calm yourself down, it will help you focus.
– Saved Private Ryan – Save the soldier before he burns to death.
In the very first level, “Semper Fi”, you will pass a hut on the right hand side that a burning man runs out of. Kill that burning man. It will save Private Ryan.
– Weapon of Mass Destruction – Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers.
At the beginning of a level, you will be given a radio that pretty much makes a massive explosion by calling in artillery. Just look for a spot with a lot of soldiers close together, and blast away.
– Lights Out! – In 'Black Cats', blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy. (Solo only)
Black Cats is the level where you are on a ship, controlling a gun. There are 3 ships lined up that have spotlights on them. Each ship has 2. 1 in the front, 1 in the back. Destroy all 6, and you got the trophy.
– Rough Economy – Kill 3 enemies with a single round
Thanks To NuFc_kNoXie_KiLa and Pool96 for this trophy. You must kill 3 people with one bullet. You can do this on the “Vendetta” mission, after you take out the guards.
- Guardian Angel – In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck
This is in the “Breaking Point” level. There is a point in the level where two japanese soldiers look like they will surrender. But they attack Roebuck and Polonsky. You can only save one. Roebuck is the one on the right, so you have to kill the soldier trying to take his weapon quickly.
- Close Shave – Survive a banzai attack. (Solo only)
At any point in the game, when a Japanese soldier attacks you by trying to bayonet you, press R3 to kill him.
- Snake in the Grass - Take out a Japanese soldier lying in wait in the grass
In the level “Hard Landing”, about half way through, there is a place with a load of palm trees. There are lots of Japanese soldiers hiding in the grass, so just throw a grenade, and you should get a kill.
- No Safe Place – Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in 'Hard Landing'
This is done in the “Hard Landing level. In the same spot as the “Snake in the Grass” trophy. When you see a palm tree, just use your flamethrower to burn it. You should kill the guy in the tree.
- Purple Heart – When staring into the face of adversity, show courage and persevere.
Im not too sure how to get this, but i think you get after you die 10 times at a checkpoint, and still play on. So find a check point, die 10 times, and you should get the trophy.
– Ruthless – Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in 'Ring of Steel'
In the specified level, there will be two tanks sitting there near the end of level. Jump onto one of them, and kill as many as you can. You can kill more than 15, so no worries.
Mortar-dom – Kill 8 Japanese with thrown mortars in 'Breaking Point'
In the specified mission, right before the castle, you have to clear out 3 motar pits. Use the motar shells to kill 8 enemies, and you should get the trophy. The motar shells act like grenades.
- Shot in the Dark - Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction'
In the level “Eviction”, lights go on and off at the part when you are in the subway. While the lights are off, just shoot like a mad man. Try to kill 10 people. Once you have, the trophy will pop-up.
– Blue Ribbon – Complete a 4-player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place. (Online co-op only)
If you have 3 friends, play a competitive co-op match, and tell them to let you win. If you dont have any friends (Like somebody that i know), than just join an online match, and try to take all the kills, and finish all the tasks your self, to get max points.
Get Your Left Foot Wet – Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode. (Online co-op only)
Just play and complete a Campaign Co-op Match. You dont not have to win a match to complete it.
- Get Your Right Foot Wet - Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode. (Online co-op only)
Same thing as the above trophy, just play Competitive mode, NOT Campaign.
- Carlson's Raiders - Complete 'Semper Fi' on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Pretty self-explanatory. Semper Fi is the very first level in the game.
- Stormed Peleliu – Establish a beachhead at Peleliu Island on any difficulty. (Solo only)
This is awarded when you beat the level “Relentless”
- The Last Stand - Survive the conflict in Okinawa on any difficulty. (Solo only)
You should get this trophy after you beat the level “Breaking Point” on any difficulty.
Stabbed in the Heart – Complete all missions on the Eastern Front on any difficulty. (Solo only)
Complete the Last mission in the game, and this will unlock.
- The Professional – Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading. (Solo only)
At the beginning of the “Vendetta” mission, when you first get the sniper, you must kill all the guys in front of you, without reloading. This can be tricky, because if you miss once, its over. The trick is to try and kill two guys with one bullet. Some of the guys will be standing in front of each other, so one bullet should go through the first guy and hit the second. There are videos on youtube on how to do this, if you are having trouble.
- Gunslinger - Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot. (Solo only)
This trophy is unlocked in the “Vendetta” mission, right at the end. When you are trying to assassinate the general, you have to use your pistol instead of your sniper. Some tips: Use the sniper scope to see where he is, then take out your pistol, and just keep shooting. I would advise you to kill some of his guards with your sniper, so that there are little distractions when you are trying to perform the assassination.
– Grave Robber - Collect all the Death Cards in the game. (Solo only)
Just collect all the Death Cards. I know a Death Card Guide, but i am not too sure if i am allowed to post it. There is also a lot of videos on youtube to help you out. Death Cards are guns standing up with a soldiers helmet on it, Just like the Resistance 1 Game Cover.
- Throw a Six and a Half - On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying. (Solo only)
Beat ANY level in the game on Hardened or Veteran. The “Eviction” level is the easiest level in my opinion. Also, “Black Cats” is an easy level and is pretty short. (thanks kNoXiE again!)
– Firestarter - Complete a level using only the flamethrower. Melee, grenades & explosives are OK.
The best level to do this on is “Burn 'em Out”. Remember to use melee and grenades to preserve your flamethrower ammo.
- Kamikaze – Complete a level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee or grenades. (Solo only)
I would recommend doing “Semper Fi”, as a lot of your battles in that level are close quarters, so just melee your way threw the level.
Iron Fist – Destroy all towers and bunkers in 'Blood and Iron'.
In the level “Blood and Iron”, make sure you destroy ALL the towers and bunkers. Just destroy everything possible, and you should get the trophy. There are some youtube videos if you need assistance.
- Sum of All Zeroes – Down 45 Japanese Zeroes in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only)
The Zero's are in the distance, and hard to hit. Most of the Zero's in “Black Cats” appear when you are supposed to rescue the survivors. So skip them and down those Zero's!!
- Hardened War Hero – Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
By completing all the missions on Veteran to get the first trophies, you should get the trophy once you complete them all. You do not have to beat the missions in order, you just have to complete them all.
War Hero – Complete the game on any difficulty. (Solo only)
If you complete all the missions on veteran, you will get this. Same as the above trophy.
Collect all Trophies. No DLC trophies count towards the platinum.
By: Parnakas.. sorry if there is any grammatical errors. I tried to keep it as organized as possible..