Re: Top 10 Reasons PS3 is Better than the Xbox
I will reply to your points in order
10. Most people I know with a PS3 have it set up in their living room or bedroom, how exactly is this a negative. Unless you have arthritis then moving it would not be a problem.
9. We all know the 360 came out first but the truth is their that the head start they had is fading rapidly and nobody, not even the biggest XBOX fan-boy can deny that. Heavy Rain, GOW3 2 great exclusives to come out this year, where is Microsoft's equivalent of those 2.
8. The only real advantage of playing on a PC is that alot of developers will give PC gamers dedicated servers, I do play some games on PC and thats the only real advantage. Also not all games are released on PC so it comes down to how much people want a particular game.
7. Does it really matter what the system memory is your not saving any content directly to it.
6. The point that is always brought up by the XBOX fan-boys, what does it matter whether it is necessary or not it has it and the XBOX doesn't plain and simple and in case you were taking a snooze for all of 2008 HD-DVD lost and Blu-ray won there was only 1 major supporter when it came to the actual HD-DVD players and that was Toshiba, they now make Blu-ray players.
5. Most retailers will throw in a HDMI cable for free anyway and the cheapest is a mere $30 so if you can't afford that then you should not be buying a PS3 in the first place but since they are not actually needed to use the console and only to support the HD features then not having one is not really an issue.
4. It's all about marketing my friend, why do you have to buy one for the 360? It's strategic marketing because most people will go for the option that does not have them paying a ridiculous price for add-ons. Also the replacement of the PS3 hard drive takes a mere 5 minutes if you know what your doing and if you don't need the old one then have you not heard of eBay, I was able to pick up $50 for my 60GB HDD which I then put towards my 500GB one.
3. How exactly does it matter that the PS3 controller is motion sensitive, it makes for one good gaming experience. Try playing Heavy Rain to see the full potential.
2. From Wikipedia: The PlayStation 3 uses the Sony, Toshiba, IBM-designed Cell microprocessor as its CPU, which is made up of one 3.2 GHz Power-PC-based “Power Processing Element” (PPE) and eight Synergistic Processing Elements (SP-Es). The eighth SPE is disabled to improve chip yields. How is improving something bad exactly.
1. Now me personally I like to have all the accessories for my consoles so here in Australia these are the prices for me to get a XBOX 360 and PS3 both with the add-ons I desire. XBOX Arcade Console: $299, Controller: $74.98, Charging Kit: $34.98, Wireless Adaptor(because it can't connect wirelessly to my router)$109, Wireless Headset: $64.98, XBOX Live 12 month Gold subscription: $89.95 this comes to a total of $672.89. PS3 120GB Slim Console: $469, Controller: $94.98, Wireless Headset: $74.98, which comes to a total of $638.96. So I'm not exactly sure where you live and how much the prices vary there but the PS3 is the cheaper option for someone like me here in Australia.
I'm definitely up for a friendly debate if you care to discuss it more.