Modern Warfare 2 Trophy Guide
March 22, 2010 at 7:24 am #15509
Hi, My second guide now! In extremely short time lol
I have Platinum on this one aswell, a really fun game to play, allthough the Special Ops were a pain at the end, I'll also add suggestions on how to complete the Spec Ops (the harder ones..)
Most of these trophies are fairly easy, only some of them will require you to re-do missions, but if you keep you're trophies in mind, you'll be able to Plat this game in no-time.
BTW: My first MW2 Trophy = 23/01/2010, Platinum Trophy = 14/02/2010
Can be done in a week, but hey, I got work myself, and the Spec Ops held me back some time, since finding a descent partner isn't that easy..
51 Trophies Total
38 Bronze Trophies
10 Silver Trophies
2 Gold Trophies
1 Platinum Trophy
6/10: Story is fun and challenging, Spec Ops, the same, but the last few can take some time, many moments where a controller and a TV were in danger of colliding.. Lol
Back In The Saddle (Bronze Trophy)
– Help Train The Local Militia.
* Can't miss trophy, a cutscene and some tutorial moves.
Danger Close (Bronze Trophy)
– Get Hand Picked For Shepard's Elite Squad.
* Can't miss trophy, run the course, and there you go.
Could Shoulder (Bronze Trophy)
– Infiltrate The Snowy Mountain Sidebase.
* Can't miss trophy, unlocked during 'Cliffhanger'.
Tag 'Em & Bag 'Em (Bronze Trophy)
– Find Rojas In The Favelas.
* Can't miss trophy, be aware that on Veteran, this is really hard, militia is hiding EVERYWHERE!
Royale With Cheese (Bronze Trophy)
– Defend Burger Town.
* You can miss this one, just defend it with your men during the mission (early part of game)
Soap On A Rope (Bronze Trophy)
– Storm The Gulag.
* Can't miss trophy, you'll see the irony when the final cutscene starts.
Desperate Times (Bronze Trophy)
– Execute The Plan To Help The Americans.
* Can't miss trophy, The well-known 'No Russian' mission, you don't have to do anything, just walk to the checkpoint.
Whiskey Hotel (Bronze Trophy)
– Take Back Whiskey Hotel.
* Can't miss trophy, The White House, in militairy terms, Whiskey Hotel.
The Pawn (Bronze Trophy)
– Assault Makarov's Safe House.
* Can't miss trophy, attack it, defend it, escape from it, not too hard.
Out Of The Frying Pan (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete The Mission In The Airplane Graveyard.
* 2 sides fighting eachother and you're in the middel of it, just wait and kill the ones firing at you.
For The Record (Silver Trophy)
– Complete The Single Player Campaign On Any Difficulty.
* Clear enough, you'll feel sad because the story is really good.
The Price Of War (Gold Trophy)
– Complete The Single Player Campaign On Hardened Or Veteran Difficulty.
* See 'Tips' for advice, do it on Veteren, since Hardened isn't much different..
First Day Of School (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete 'S.S.D.D' & 'Team Player' On Veteran Difficulty.
* First 2 missions, not hard at all, just think what you do, don't go all Jihad on your opponents.
Black Diamond (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete 'Cliffhanger' On Veteran Difficulty.
* The longer you can keep stealth the easier it is really, keep that in mind.
Turistas (Silver Trophy)
– Complete 'Takedown' & 'The Hornet's Nest' On Veteran Difficulty.
* The favela part is VERY HARD, simply because enemy's pop up out of nowhere, and everywhere!
Red Dawn (Silver Trophy)
– Complete 'Wolverines' & 'Exodus' On Veteran Difficulty.
* Veteran difficulty is never easy, but this wasn't extremely hard either.
Prisoner #627 (Silver Trophy)
– Complete 'The Only Easy Day… Was Yesterday' & 'The Gulag' On Veteran Difficulty.
* Warfare On the hardest difficulty, what's there not to like?
Ends Justify The Means (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete 'Contingency' On Veteran Difficulty.
* Again, take your time and think about what you do.
Homecoming (Silver Trophy)
– Complete 'Of Their Own Acord', 'Second Sun' & 'Whiskey Hotel' On Veteran Difficulty.
* And again, take your time, don't rush things or you can start over.
Queen Takes Rook (Silver Trophy)
– Complete 'Loose Ends' & 'The Enemy Of My Enemy' On Veteran Difficulty.
* Again, Stay focused and take cover if needed.
Off The Grid (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete 'Just Like Old Times' & 'Endgame' On Veteran Difficulty.
* Pretty easy, but again, if you don't come blasting through doors.
Pit Boss (Bronze Trophy)
– Run The Pit In 'S.S.D.D' And Finish With A Final Time Under 30 Seconds.
* Explained Below
Ghost (Bronze Trophy)
– Plant The C4 In 'Cliffhanger' Without Alerting or Injuring Anyone.
* Stay stealth, plant the bomb and be gone.
Colonel Sanderson (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 7 Chickens In Under 10 Seconds In 'The Hornet's Nest'.
* Explained Below.
Gold Star (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 1 Star In Special Ops.
* Very easy, no co-op required.
Hotel Bravo (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 4 Stars In Special Ops.
* Again, very easily done solo.
Charlie On Our Six (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 8 Stars In Special Ops.
* Still very easy, using a guide is suggested.
It Goes To Eleven (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn At Least 1 Star In 11 Different Special Op Missions.
* Pretty easy, do it solo or co-op.
Operational Asset (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn All 3 Stars In At Least 5 Different Special Op Missions.
* You might wanna do this co-op as it is ALOT easier to get 3 strars that way.
Blackjack (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 21 Stars In Special Ops.
* Same as above.
Honor Roll (Silver Trophy)
– Earn Atleast 1 Star In Each Special Op Mission.
* Explained below.
Operative (Silver Trophy)
– Earn All 3 Stars In Atleast 10 Different Special Op Missions.
* Challenging, but not too hard with a good partner.
Specialist (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 30 Stars In Special Ops.
* Solo or co-op, you choose, co-op is easier..
Proffesional (Silver Trophy)
– Earn All 3 Stars In Atleast 15 Different Special Op Missions.
* Explained Below.
Star 69 (Gold Trophy)
– Earn 69 Stars In Special Ops.
* Explained Below
Three-Some (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill Atleast 3 Enemies With A Single Shot From A Grenade Launcher In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* You should get this while playing the campaign, easy enough.
Downed But Not Out (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 4 Enemies In A Row While Downed In Special Ops.
* You MUST have a partner for this, more info below.
No Rest For The Wary (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill An Enemy Without Him Ever Knowing You Were There.
* In 'Cliffhanger', there will be a guard sleeping in the office/building, knife him and voila!
I'm The Juggernaut (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill A Juggernaut in Special Ops.
* There are 3 Spec Ops with Juggs, use high caliber weapons against them, they need a few shots to go down.
Desperado (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 5 Enemies In A Row Using 5 Different Weapons Or Attachments In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* Easy enough, just keep switching weapons and kill enemies untill you get the trophy.
Ten Plus Foot-Mobiles (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill Atleast 10 Enemies With One Predator Missile In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* In 'Sniper Fi' (Spec Ops) you can easily do this, be quick when the enemies spawn.
Unnescessary Roughness (Bronze Trophy)
– Use A Riot Shield To Beat Down An Enemy In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* Can be done in 'The Gulag' (SP), Breach & Clear (SO) & Terminal (SO), not hard at all.
Knock-Knock (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 4 Enemies With 4 Shots During A Slow-Mo Beach In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* Actually a can't miss trophy, more explained below.
Look Ma Two Hands (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 10 Enemies In A Row Using Akimbo Weapons In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* In 'O'Christo Redentor' (SO), kill a guy that has this (double pistols/smg) and shoot 10 guys with it.
Some Like It Hot (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 6 Enemies In A Row Using A Thermal Weapon In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* You will be using thermal weapons enough in single player to get this there.
Two Birds With One Shot (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 2 Enemies With A Single Bullet In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* Many opportunities for this in single player, who wouldn't grab that opportunity?
The Road Less Traveled (Bronze Trophy)
– Collect 22 Enemy Intel Items.
* You'll need a guide to find these, but they're very easy to spot and find.
Leave No Stone Unturned (Bronze Trophy)
– Collect 45 (All) Enemy Intel Items.
* Same as above.
Drive-By (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 20 Enemies In A Row While Driving A Vehicle In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* Again, plenty of opportunities, Race (SO), Big Brother (SO) & Overwatch (SO)
The Harder They Fall (Bronze Trophy)
– Kill 2 Rapelling Enemies In A Row Before They Land On Their Feet In Single Player Or Special Ops.
* During 'Whiskey Hotel' You'll see 2 guys rappelling down from the side of the White House, done.
Is That All You Got? (Platinum Trophy)
– Earn All Available Trophies For Modern Warfare 2.
* Unlock All Trophies, And This Sexy Platinum Is Yours!
Special Ops is a a game mode that allows you to play 'extra missions', maps known from Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, but with different objectives AND you can play this co-op, meaning with a partner/friend, wich is REALLY helpfull! The first, let us say, 10 Spec Ops are fairly easy and can be done solo, but it's strongly suggetsed to do them co-op, big advantage for co-op is that you can revive eachother, wich basically gives you an infinite amount of retries.. Unless you both get shot at the same time.. Then it's game over.
Pit Boss Trophy:
Get 2 pistols, make sure they're both fully loaded, as soon as you walk over an invisible line at the start over the course the times will start, make sure you know where this is so you don't waste time, DO NOT shoot civilians, as soon as you even hit 1 you're lost and you have to restart (Don't worry, it's not annoying to restart the entire course) With ur 2 pistols equiped, take out the M9 (I think) and shoot the first targets all the way to inside the building where the stairs are, once there you should be out of ammo (Make sure you don't miss any targets!), knife the guy coming in front of you of the stairs, then switch to your deagle, hit the targets upstairs, and while jumping down, already reload your deagle, then shoot the remaining targets (note: some targets can be taken out with 1 shot hiting 2 of them, you'll see wich ones) The most important thing about this is: Don't miss, don't hit any civilians and keep moving! Good Luck!
High Explosive Glitch:
One of the last Special Ops Missions is the 'High Explosive' one. There will be 10 Juggernauts coming at you in a favela, well, with a partner that is no problem at all, run to the east as soon as you spawn, might take a try or 2 since Juggs spawn sometimes close to you, sometimes far away, in the east there is a house, with a backroom, 1 persoon should stand in the doorway, while the other person stands behind the closet (out of sight of the juggernauts) The juggernauts will start spawning and coming towards you (you will know by the sound of a gong). The job of the person who is hiding behind the closet is to keep reviving the person standing in the doorway until all 10 Juggs are dead, the person in the doorway will be blocking off the Juggs so they can not kill the reviving guy, keep knifing them untill they're all dead (Yes, knifing, you wont get the chance to pull you're weapon, they're that fast lol) You might need a few tries for this, but trust me, it will take alot less times, then actually attacking them straight on.
Armour Piercing 'Trick':
Again, 15 Juggernauts on an oil rig against you (hopefully 2 of you), run as far up as you can untill you see some sort of passage, there should be a small balcony there where you can crouch and snipe all the Juggs coming through the entrance, but again, you'll need a few tries because these Juggs sometimes spawn before you can get there, I beated this Spec Op solo using the Barett 50.
Colonel Sanderson Trophy:
In the marketplace there will be chickens everywhere, but dont bother shooting them one by one, if you continue walking through the market, you'll eventually see chickens boxed on top of eachother, 10 or so, simply throw a grenade (some will survive, how strange that might seem), kill the rest untill you get ur trophy, don't wait for it to pop up, you might just have killed only 6, while you need to kill 7.. Good Luck!
Downed But Not Out Trophy:
For this one you really need a partner or you simply cannot be 'downed'. I found this the easiest way to be done in Wetwork (Spec Ops), you might already get it without trying, but here goes my advice, when you take out the first hostage room, there will be tons of guys coming towards you, shoot your partner so he is downed, as soon as the guys start coming around the corner he should start shooting like crazy with his pistol, 4 kills is not alot, so it shouldn't be any problem, then switch sides. PS: stay close in case he needs to be revived (Your 'killstreak' will be lost if your revived before you get 4 kills..)
Reason why there are no tips, because you 'should' get this without even trying. In the single player you can do this while breaching in 'The Gulag' or in Special Ops you can do it in either the first or second hostage room in Wetwork, and trust me, you'll be doing and re-doing wetwork a lot as it is the hardest Spec Op in the game.
Funny Note: Me and my partner were at Wetwork, and finally we made it to the last room, all guys outside were dead, so all we had to do was Breach & Clear.. Well, there are light machine guns in front of one of the doors, and they are meant for you to use them, since high caliber weapons will go straight through the bodies and hit the exploves around them. My partner got a bit excited, and choose to 'Breach' before i could pick up a light machine gun. What happened then? Well, I took out 4 guys WITH headshots, without aiming, with a friggin' thermal sniper rifle lol, my heart stood still for a few seconds there, since we were trying all day to get this done..
If there are any questions, or you need help with something let me know!
I'll send you the answer to a question, and post it here aswell if there is something I missed..
PS: i'm not going to assist in Special Ops, reason is, i've done it sooo many times, and it's very time consuming, and unless you have a way to talk directly to your partner, you'll have a very hard time getting all the stars, but hey, it's entertainment right? xD
Thank You For Reading This GuideMarch 22, 2010 at 9:38 pm #60116
Pretty good job man!
I like how you gave some helpful tips on beating some Spec ops challenges.March 23, 2010 at 2:04 pm #60143
Pretty good job man!
I like how you gave some helpful tips on beating some Spec ops challenges.
Yeah, there's alot more but I can't remember all, if someone is stuck somewhere or needds tips on a certain mission or spec op, i'll probably remember it again and then post more..
Thanks for like it lol, but on YouTube there are practically video's for every single Special Op, wich show you how to do it as fast and effective as possible, really helpfull aswell..June 8, 2011 at 1:50 am #69918
Thanks for the guide.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.