Need For Speed: Shift Trophy Guide
- This topic is empty.
March 22, 2010 at 5:18 am #15508
Hi, this is my first guide, so i'm not familiar with this whole thing, so there won't be any pictures of Trophies, but I have Platina on this game so i'll give you as much advice as I can. NFS: Shift was the first game i bought for my PS3, the gameplay was good, but there were some glitches that really pissed me off (Read Below).
Trophy Info: (DLC Trophies Included!)
35 Trophies Total
13 Bronze Trophies
15 Silver Trophies
6 Gold Trophies
1 Platinum Trophy
3/10: The trophies are all very easy, and most of them should come while playing the game normally without specifically going for the trophies.
Trial By Fire (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete the NFS Live Pre-Race Event.
* Can't miss trophy. Your first race, your first Trophy.
One Small Step (Bronze Trophy)
– Win Your First Event.
* Can't miss trophy. Win your first race/event (not sure) and it's yours.
Road To Success (Bronze Trophy)
– Reach Tier 2.
* Simply keep earning stars in Tier 1 untill Tier 2 is unlucked, very easy.
Chance Of A Lifetime (Silver Trophy)
– Reach Tier 3.
* Again, gain enough stars in Tier 1 & 2 to unlock Tier 3.
The Final Countdown (Gold Trophy)
– Reach Tier 4.
* Win enough stars in the previous Tiers to unlock this Tier.
NFS Live World Champion (Gold Trophy)
– Win The NFS Live World Championship.
* I did this on easiest difficulty, got it after 1 try, too easy for a Gold Trophy.
Driving Rookie (Bronze Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 2.
* Comes after a few races, very easy.
Driving Amateur (Bronze Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 5.
* Again, comes by winning races and earning XP, and again very easy.
Driving Semi-Pro (Bronze Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 10.
* Comes by winning races and earning XP, easy enough.
Driving Pro (Silver Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 20.
* Keep racing and racking up XP, not hard at all.
Driving Veteran (Silver Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 30.
* This should still come while racing through the events.
Driving Hero (Silver Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 40.
* Might be close, keep racing after completing the events and it's yours.
Driving Legend (Gold Trophy)
– Reach Driver Level 50.
* The ultimate driver level, keep racing untill you get this one, not too hard.
Bronze Earner (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 5 Bronze Badges.
* This one will come when you are around Driving Level 5, easy.
Bronze Hunter (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 10 Bronze Badges.
* Again, earned while racing through the events, not hard at all.
Bronze Collector (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 15 Bronze Badges.
* Comes along with the XP, nothing to worry about.
Bronze Master (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 20 Bronze Badges.
* Again, no challenge here aswell, this one comes while gaining XP.
Silver Earner (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 5 Silver Badges.
* Will come while racing through the events.
Silver Hunter (Bronze Trophy)
– Earn 10 Silver Badges.
* Will come while racing through the events.
Silver Collector (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 15 Silver Badges.
* 'Should' come while racing through the events, depends on how you drive..
Silver Master (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 20 Silver Badges.
* The challenging part starts, not hard, but it will take effort.
Gold Earner (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 5 Gold Badges.
* Again, depends on how you drive, can be easily done within the event-section.
Gold Hunter (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 10 Gold Badges.
* Same as above, can be done while racing for stars.
Gold Collector (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 15 Gold Badges.
* Just keep doing whatever they want you to do to get those badges, not too hard.
Gold Master (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 20 Gold Badges.
* A bit challenging, but again, think about your badges while racing and you'll have no problems.
Epic Earner (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 5 Epic Badges.
* Replace those ugly gold badges, by these, these are starting to get challenging.
Epic Hunter (Silver Trophy)
– Earn 10 Epic Badges.
* Keep thinking about your badges while driving and you'll be fine.
Epic Collector (Gold Trophy)
– Earn 15 Epic Badges.
* This will probably force you to start doing quick races in order to get this one.
Epic Master (Gold Trophy)
– Earn 20 Epic Badges.
* Again, quick races, and getting those badges.
– Unlock All NFS: Shift Trophies.
DLC Trophies: (NFS: Shift Exotic Cars)
I've bought the DLC now, and it seems ok, a bit pricy for what it is, but I needed 100% on NFS Shift so.. bought it anyway..
Hotlap Champion (Bronze Trophy)
– Complete Every Event In The Hot Lap Competition In 1st Position.
* If you can't beat this with ease you shouldn't have NFS:Shift.. Really!
Exotica (Silver Trophy)
– Complete An Online Race Or Time Attack In All The Exotic Vehicles.
* Just race & finish, you don't have to win, set track to Hazyvieuw 8 & Laps to Short.
Time Splitter (Silver Trophy)
– Beat All The Lap Times In The Exotic Time Attack Competition.
* See Below.
Scenic Route (Silver Trophy)
– Achieve 1st Place In All Riviera Tour Events.
* Easy, gotten all the stars aswell on first try, don't worry just do your thing.
Exotic Tour Star (Gold Trophy)
– Achieve All Stars In Exotic World Tour.
* A 5 race championship, get all the stars and this gold one is yours.
Time Slitter Info:
I found out the hard way, but you won't have to! (GTA-style lol) When I got the DLC i tried to upgrade a few cars, and it said that these cars couldn't be upgraded, so I never retried.. Untill I got all the DLC trophies and my friend told me I was 'slow' then I figured, god damnit, he used Works!! Lol, the Alfa Romeo can be upgraded wich makes it almost double as good as when it's standard, and with the upgraded version you'll get all the stars on your first time.. But i've beated it with the original version of the car, so it can be done but it will take skills (wich i happened to have lol) So if you want a challenge, go original..
Back at 100% on NFS: Shift, the DLC doesn't have 'Badges' so it's just racing, earning stars & trophies, not much to it, not really worth the price (9,99€) BUT it's needed for a 100%, and the trophies are fairly easy, so you'll get some Silver & a Gold one aswell..
Hope this helped..
General Tips & Info:
The info at the Trophies might not help you that much, so I'll explain that part here.
NFS:Shift works with a badge system, it's like an in-game trophy-system, you get credit for things you do in races, for example, Hit 5 opponents = 1 bronze badge, hit 10 opponents = 1 silver badge.
There's alot of badges to get, there are 21 Epic Badges to be earned in offline-mode, and 9 (I think!) in Online mode. Try to get the 'Epic Master' Trophy in offline-mode, as online mode is quite hard and annoying from time to time. The badge system works really easy, they tell you what to do to get the badge, the more times you do it, the better your badges will become.
Every race in Career you will be given maximum 3 objectives, most of the times 2 of them are point objectives wich are quite easy, but the 3rd one might be a problem from time to time, these can be 'Clean Race', 'Master All Corners', etc.. Many of these goals can already be reached by doing a Quick Race, drive a clean race or master all the corners there, and as soon as you've done it you can do the Career Races without having to worry about that 3rd objective.. In order to get all stars (and the Epic Badge for it) you'll have to do all of this, and so you won't have to retry races, it is best to already do the 'harder' objectives in Quick Race, you can see what you're objectives are before you start the Career Race, so no worries..
– Try to always start with a 'Perfect Start' (You'll need to do this 250 times to get the Epic Badge for this). This means, accelerate while the lights are red untill you reach ur 'Green Zone', so you're car has the perfect RPM to make a quick start.
– Always try to complete some corners as this also counts towards your Epic Badge for Corner Mastering, some are harder then others, but all do-able..
– Race at the easiest difficulty if you're not good at it, you can get the badge for racing at the hardest level if you do quick race, set lap to 1, and have 0 opponents (Yes, that is indeed a very cheap way)
– Put your gear into 1st before the starting light turns green, that way you can instantly get off the starting line without having to gear up from neutral first (AI cars don't do this, so you'll have an advantage)
– Some Epic Badges require you to race a clean race, meaning, no going off-track, no hitting opponents, you're best to do this in a Quick Race, 1 lap, no opponents and then when you race in you're Career, you'll get the star as soon as the race begins, so you won't have to retry just to get that 1 star.
– Same as with the clean race, some Career races you have to master all the corners, it's quite hard to do this all in one race, as opponents while be smashing into you alot, so do a Quick Race BEFORE you do the Career race, master all the corners of that track, and as soon as you start the Career race you'll get the star.
So, feel free to comment, as I said, my first guide, I enjoyed this game, except for the glitch, there was 1 corner that i couldn't complete (Exactly 1!!) and because i couldn't complete this corner, i couldn't get the badge for 'Corner Master of Europe' and 'Earned All Stars'. That means I had 18 Epic Badges (I also didn't have the perfect starting one, but didn't bother to get it, too lazy lol) So that meant I had to go online to wins some Epic Badges, quite frustrating, but went easier then I expected. Needed about 2 months to Platinum this game, but I think i could've gotten it in a week, the Corner Glitch pissed me off that i just didn't bother getting the Platinum & I bought Modern Warfare 2 then, so ***NO PROFANE LANGUAGE PLEASE*** that corner, I had Russians to shoot lol.
Any questions, just ask, i'll help you as good as I can.
Thank You For Reading This Guide.April 20, 2010 at 10:28 am #61098JJMember
What's the best way to earn epic badges.April 22, 2010 at 1:26 am #61170
What's the best way to earn epic badges.
If you need to win 20 races, you will get a bronze badge for winning 5 races, a silver badge for winning 10, a gold badge for winning 15 and an epic badge for winning 20.
An epic badge is given when you complete a challenge (wich can be checked at your 'profile')
Most of them are quite easy and can be achieved by just working your way up to 'Racer Level 50'
Some might take an extra effort, there isn't a trick or anything to earn those badges easily, but I can say this, NFS: Shift was definately one of the easier games i've platted so far.
Hope this helpsApril 23, 2010 at 5:34 am #61219JJMember
Is there a easy way to get the epic badges onlineApril 23, 2010 at 12:50 pm #61227W4RG34R3D_SN1P3RMember
Great guide, keep it up.April 23, 2010 at 6:09 pm #61235
Is there a easy way to get the epic badges online
I did 2 Epic Badges online WITHOUT boosting, and it didn't take that long
Winning on all Japanese & American tracks are the easiest one (mysteriously also the ones I did)
Just remember, in the first corner, hold back a bit, because everyone's gonna be slamming into eachother and the person who was in first at the start will get hit badly and end up last, just brake in the corners, DONT DRIFT!
You can boost this if you want, but there's no way to invite a friend into a lobby, so you'll have to keep trying until you're in the same lobby. I helped a friend out by hitting all the other opponents of the road so he could stay first (was hella lot a fun xD)
Hope it helps
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.