- This topic is empty.
September 4, 2008 at 4:39 pm #13400
i didn't mind this game, i actually liked it alot, and when the new patch comes out ( with trophies ) it'll be even more fun and addicting. the patch does sound promising to the game tho.
There are now four difficulty modes:
- Trophies – you’ll now be able to unlock sixteen trophies (12 bronze and 4 silver)
- Fully Customizable Controls – you can now map weapon selection for the primary and secondary weapons to different buttons and remap other control options. We’ve also added a Type 2 control scheme that is the default for new players. For for those of you that already have the game it will stay on Type 1 until you select Type 2 (or customize the controls) – this was done so that players not reading this post don’t get the update then wonder what the heck happened to the control scheme. And as a final note you’ll also be able to swap the left stick and right stick functionality (Steering and the Omni Cannon)
- XMB Music Playlist support – want to play your own rocking tunes instead of listening to NOVASTRIKE’s music? Now you’ll be able to do just that
- Multiple Saved Games – you can now have as many saved games as you want
- New Weapon Info pane – this is more for new players, but once a weapon is acquired the game pauses and displays an information pane showing the name of the weapon, how to select it, how to fire it, and a brief description of the weapon. While this feature is turned on by default you can also go to the ingame options menu and turn it off if you’re already are familiar with all the weapons and don’t want the interruption
- Replay Stage as well as Quit and Save options have been added to Stage Summary screen – now after you finish a stage you can advance to the next Stage (as you could in the original release), or you can Quit and Save (which will have you starting at the next stage when you later continue), or you can select Replay Stage to play that stage over again (if you failed some objectives and want to try again to get a higher score
- Restart Stage option has been added to ingame options menu – if you’re not liking how you’re playing on a stage you can now open the ingame options menu, select Restart Stage, then start the stage over (versus having to quit out and continue)
- Megapacks and repair packs will replenish the capacitor bar for the afterburner
- Seeking weapons will now target outer components on capital ships. For example, if you drop an electro-mine near a Heralder, it will now lash the outer hangar “wing” (versus the main body as it did in the original release). This makes stripping enemy carriers a bit easier
- Friendly Fire damage has been disabled in RECRUIT and SOLDIER (this is just part of the overall taming of RECRUIT and SOLDIER – we also limited the maximum number of active waves, and when your Scythe explodes it won’t damage friendlies in RECRUIT or SOLDIER, either); VETERAN now gives you two extra lives per stage as well – HARDCORE is, well, hardcore
- The Shredder’s auto-lock on enemy ground structures has been improved – in the original release it sometimes had difficulty locking onto very low ground structures (near sea-level) – this is no longer the case, and the Shredder is much more useful as a result
- Player ship(the Scythe) is a bit larger in size – but don’t worry, we made sure that it didn’t make the game harder (as the collision model is a bit larger as well)
- Brief invulnerability after respawning – this is only a few seconds so don’t try to use it to fight, but it will at least provide brief protection if you respawn over an enemy base
- Leaderboards now show the last completed stage to the right of the score and also show more than 1,000 scores (and HARDCORE has been added to the Leaderboards)
im stoked for it ^.^September 4, 2008 at 4:52 pm #16476PS3 TrophiesKeymaster
Definitely an awesome update!September 4, 2008 at 7:17 pm #16484
Will this patch be FREE?
If so I think I will donwload at least the demo for this game and have a qick look around. 😀September 4, 2008 at 7:39 pm #16487
yes the patch is free
the game is 10$ and the patch is free ^.^September 4, 2008 at 7:56 pm #16488
Which is not much … in case you like the game. I'll have to check out the demo. Under which category can it be found in the PSN? Shooter?September 5, 2008 at 12:09 am #16504shadeblackMember
I hear a lot of people saying it's not particularly great… can anyone convince me?September 5, 2008 at 1:56 am #16511
Great – there is no demo available and … and no comes the big one … this game cannot be donloaded on my (the Austrian) PSN – and this is the only one I can use my credit card for.September 5, 2008 at 5:01 am #16522
ya i admit not many people like the game ( mostly due to the fact, that its EXTREMELY hard ) but with the new patch there making it easier and more user friendly.
gotta giv e ( tikigames ) a break tho, its there very first PS3 game and there a new company giving it there best and taking all the feedback from users and making it into a +. i really like the game and since its getting a totally new overhaul itll be even better ^.^September 6, 2008 at 2:10 pm #16581
I saw a few videos yesterday and it reminded me of Stardust all the time – just that you shoot at more opponents and less rocks. Didn't really look that good and I think the fact that it seems to have only been released in the states doesn't sound that convincing as well. 😀September 6, 2008 at 2:11 pm #16582
im still stoked on the patch even tho not many people like it. its more of a challenge game and wow is it ever haha. so ill unlock the trophies for it, and for 10$ i think its worth it, maybe wait till it even goes down to 5$ before u get it.September 9, 2008 at 2:55 am #16817bskeillorMember
Patch is out for the game right now.September 9, 2008 at 3:19 am #16818PS3 TrophiesKeymaster
Yeah I added the trophies list a short while ago, 16 trophies in total. No gold though :/September 9, 2008 at 4:31 am #16815
i installed it, and now im gonna go try and get the trophies 😀September 9, 2008 at 4:45 am #16819
heres a hidden trophy
Don’t You Die On Me
The friendly rebel Heralder must survive through the end of Khara (Stage 3)
thats 1 of them.September 9, 2008 at 12:03 pm #16823
The trophies don't look that hard to get … I hope the game itself will be released in our PSN soon…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.