Space Marine boosting thread
- This topic is empty.
June 25, 2012 at 7:00 pm #16144
There's been some interest from a few people in boosting this so I thought we might as well give it it's own thread.
@Jenkem. (Referencing his last post from http://www.allps3trophies.com/forum/gaming-related-discussion/what-are-you-playing-right-now/page-36#p60357 )
That trophy is piss when boosted. I didn't realise privare matches counted so I was going to try for it in a proper game!
I finished off the last of the SP trophies this morning. And I've been boosting some of the weapon challenges against an empty console. It's tedious shite though… The worst are the killstreak challenges for the Bolt weapons. You need three kills for a streak and it only counts as one even if you get a X10 Killstreak so it's shoot three people and then die to restart.
The plasma gun is also a pain in the ass as the charged shot isn't a one hit kill but still manages to use up fifteen rounds of ammo. So you need to double tap with the regular shot and then hit them with a charged one. You won't even get ten kills in before you empty the gun.
Also, the challenges give so much XP you'll hit Lvl 40 well before you're near finishing them. So far I've finished the Heavy Bolter, Lascannon, Stalker Bolter and I'm 50 kills into the plasma gun. I started boosting on Lvl 14 and now I'm on 36…
One last thing, does anyone know the proper way to get the customisation trophy? I can't get it to pop…June 25, 2012 at 10:30 pm #72008scotty243Member
I'm down for some WarHammer MP boosting if you guys are in.
You have to customise the character fully. Meaning the paint, different armor, etc.
Taken from PS3Trophies.org. All of the steps below are not mine and directly from PS3Trophies.org. http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/warhammer-40k-space-marine/guide/
Here are some steps from THQ themselves:
1. Select Customizer from the Multiplayer Menu.
2. Select Space Marine and choose an open Appearance slot.
3. Select Armor, then enter Armor Sets and choose an unlocked armor (not Mk7 Aquila!).
4. Back out to the Modify Appearance Menu, and then enter Armor Colors.
5. Select Full Armor Paint, then Select Primary Color and choose a different color than the default.
6. Select Detail Color and choose a different color than the default.
7. Return to the Select Colors menu, then select each individual armor piece and make sure to change the default Pattern Color if there is one present (Left Shoulder Pad, Right Shoulder Pad, etc.).
8. Back out to the Modify Appearance menu, then enter Shoulder Badge and choose a different shoulder badge than the default (THIS MUST BE CHANGED EVEN IF THE SHOULDER BADGE IS NOT VISIBLE ON THE SHOULDER PAD!).
9. Return to the Appearance menu and set the newly modified Space Marine as the Active Appearance.
10. Back out to the Customizer and repeat these steps with the Chaos Marine, making sure to change the entire Armor Set, Armor Colors (including the Pattern Colors for each armor piece) and Shoulder Badge (EVEN IF THE SHOULDER BADGE IS NOT VISIBLE ON THE SHOULDER PAD!).
11. Make sure to set the new Chaos Appearance as the Active Appearance, then return to the Multiplayer Menu and enjoy your Master Crafted Achievement/Trophy.June 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm #72010
So got the customizer trophy (decided to work at last) and I've been grinding out weapon kills. I'm doing the chainsword at the moment and then on to the power axe. After that I'll need help though as I need multi-kills for the Plasma Cannon, Vengeance Launcher and Meltagun. I have two consoles (fcuk Sony for reducing my accounts and making the others worthless for this) so I can do it with just one person but if a couple of you guys want to get involved it'll go a lot faster and we can all hit the 36 multi kills/250 kills no problem.
I also hit rank 40 earlier today while getting kills for the plasma pistol so you get the XP needed from about two thirds of the weapon challenges.
Then it's just the grind to 40,000 kills. I probably have about 4,000 from the SP and co-op and the challenges add up to 3,400 when finished.
Does anyone know if the Chaos Invasion DLC adds to the 40,000 kills? I might as well grind a few trophies on the way…June 27, 2012 at 11:40 am #72011jenkem_addict88Member
im off saturday if you want to get a few hours in then as a boost team. i also play late into the night most nights but seeing as how im about 6 hours behind I773 im not sure how well nights are going to work for you. IDK tho, get back at me and let me know when is good for you. this might take a while, but im in it fore the long haul i guess…June 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm #72012
Unfortunatly Saturday's the worst day for me as I've to be up for work at six the following morning. But I should be online up until about 0:00 GMT. But I do stay up until about 3:00 or 4:00 on my days off. That'll be the case tonight.June 28, 2012 at 8:36 pm #72015jenkem_addict88Member
well i work untill 11 or so tonight, which will be 5 am GM i think. I have mondays off too if that works better for a serious boost session.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.