The Noobs Guide To A Succesful Slim Transfer
- This topic is empty.
May 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm #15591kingofgames73Member
Ok, so ive been browsing the web a bit on this chaotic matter, and hve had loads of friends losing save data, count activations, their lives and a lot of cash over this matter!, i started at 6 in the morning and after many errors/cursing/threating to throw my controller through the 48″ i eventually finished at 7:15 (in the evening). so im just going to do a small guide, hoping that anyone else who does this, doesnt have to lose their save data's (i know a few people who have lost their save datas) or their mind! if their is already a guide here, then whoops! guess their another now!
- Ok so we got a new slim have we? man it looks tacky, ok lets hook her up to some power, get her running. and as apposed to referring to her (which is impolite) lets give her a name, Barbara….that'll do! Ok so turn barbara on then get an internet connection going
- Make sure both barbara and your old ps3 (we'll call him Erwin) are both on the same firmware, this usually means updating your Barbara once its on!
- Once everything is updated on Erwin and Barbara, go to settings>network settings and turn both internet and media off!
- Now go onto Erwin, this'll be one of the last times you'll see him, take a good look at him, now de-activate all accounts on him (dont wanna lose any slots on Erwin now do we?), and then (very important, took me ages to find out :P) Delete All Game Data NOT save data, you need to delete all updates and dlc im afriad, other wise you'll be there for hours on the same percentage and get the same lousy error time and time again (one error on Big Slim B and another error on Small Phat E). this is what took me ages to find out!
- Now turn of Barbara and Erwin, hook up a standard ethernet cable (i used the one that came with my router, some people claim certain cables dont work, i cant confirm this!)
- (if you encountering errors starting transfer read this)Turn Erwin back on, this time hold the power button whilst turning on until he powers off. then turn him back on, this time holding for around 10 seconds until you hear a quick double beep. you'll be met with a black screen, select rebuild database, then do it again and select the restore file system, this will get rid of any corrupted crap that could affect the transfer and fix any bugs. also go through your themes, save data andmusic checking for corrupted info, delete any and all
- Turn on both Barbara and Erwin, then on erwin go to data transfer thingy, and select send info, say w/e to the next few screens the select ok. Go to Barbara and select receive info. say w/e to those screen, eventually you'll restart and the transfer will start
- MAKE SURE YOU DONT leave the tv on Erwin's screen, it will burn a image on the tv (as i found out, thankfully we noticed just in time), now wait for it to run its course, the occasional freeze does happen, dont panic unless the green light on the back of Erwin stops flashing (this either means error or finished) or the hdd light stops flashing on Barbara, for the same reason.
- After 45 mins-3 hours you should be done, well done you now have to activate your accounts and redownload all dlc, have fun with Barbara….theres no one watching…as for Erwin? well he's a phat anyway…
- Check what you've got now, you should have everything (even copy protected save data's) other than any game data utility, also you can play those save data files and still get trophies (confirmed by myself)
Hope that helps at least one person……dont think ive missed anything out, and im not going to bother proof reading for spelling errors…May 3, 2010 at 9:23 pm #61647gangadeenMember
arrrhh i started from scratch on my new slimMay 3, 2010 at 9:49 pm #61650czesionyoMember
Good that I started my adventure with all the trophies on Slim then. I think I will go crazy doing the above :P.August 27, 2010 at 10:22 am #65875dizzel22Member
Thanks KoG this worked a treat
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.