Tomb Raider: Underworld Trophy Guide
August 1, 2009 at 2:57 pm #14484
This is the trophy guide for Tomb Raider Underworld. I hope it will help you get a Platinum trophy.
Who needs a Description!? (Collect all other trophies)
Master Survivalist: Complete the game on the Hardest possible settings.
This is actually easy to obtain. I recommend NOT playing the game on this difficulty while trying to obtain the speed demon trophies, Swan diver trophies, treasure trophies and Relic trophies. As it will be easier to focus on surviving instead of having to worry about treasures etc. Most treasures are found in sculptured urns.
Master Swan Diver: Collect all other Swan diver trophies.
Collect all the other Swan Diver trophies.
Master Speed Demon: Collect all other Speed Demon Trophies.
Collect all other Speed Demon Challengers.
Master Treasure Finder: Collect all 179 treasures.
This trophy can be annoying if you can't find a treasure but you just have to keep looking. Unfortunately, I don't have a full treasure guide to submit but I am sure you can find one on your own.
Master Relic Finder: Collect all six relics.
1.(Meditteranean sea) This one is located at the very top level of the Kraken room in the Meditteranean Sea Expedition. You can collect this one after you get ambushed by Amanda's Henchmen. You go through the path to the left of the entrance to that area, you will soon reach the top level of the kraken room. When you reach the top there will be a grappel ring, swing across this ring. As soon as you reach the other side, climb up this obstacle, jump the gap, slide down the surface until you reach the platform, then grap up and reach the ledge. Shimmy along the ledge until you reach the same side you grappled the ring from. Go right a bit and you will reach a collapsed pole in which you have to crouch under. As soon as you successfully go under the pole, go left a bit and the Relic will be right there.
2.(Thialand) This Relic is located behind the head of the large statue of Thor in the part of the game where you use the super strength glove to move the bridge. After you move the bridge over to the exit, use the grapple ring on the side of the bridge on the left side (whilst facing the moveable, back part of the Bridge) to swing across to the lowest ledge on the left side closest to the statue of Thor. Grab the bridge on the left side and pull it back a little (until there is enough space to go to the right side of the bridge) then travel over to the right side using a gap on the left side you would've created while pulling it back. As soon as you go to the right side push it forward as far as it goes (make sure there's enough room for you to swing back to the base of the bridge on the right side). As soon as you do that, climb up from the base and travel to behind Thor's head and the relic will be right there.
3.(Croft Manor) This relic is located in the area where you have to solve the puzzel containing the Angel pictures on the glass and you have to form the shadow on them. It is in the sewer corridor on the right (while facing the Angel pictures on the glass). It will be caged in one of the little compartments in the corridor. The way you can open this cage is by picking up 2 blocks and instead of stand on the button and throwing the rocks through the opened cage door, you must place them on the button on the ground in order to keep both the cage doors open and the relic compartment open. After you have placed both blocks and the doors are staying open, go to the relic compartment, crouch under it and collect the relic. This is the easiest relic in the game (in my opinion).
4. (Southern Mexico) This Relic is located in the area where you must pull the levers in order to stop the Blue Water that kills you (No idea what it is). After you sink all the water and collect the Belt in the statue of Thor and Push the Giant Block with the super strength, pull the screw back up which will then pull Thors hammer to his stomach and Blue water will travel through his body again. After you have done this travel up the room using the dragon heads and when you have to jumb on the blocks to get out of there, grapple on the dragon head and swing over to the Hammer. The Relic will be in Thor's eye. After you collect it, quickly swing back up using the dragon heads. If you die after you collect the relic you will be taken back to the checkpoint BUT the water will still be rising and you will die every time you get respawned. This is really annoying because you will have to quit the game and restart it. When you start it up again you will not be able to select resume game because it will take you back to the spot where you willl die continuesly. You should keep a couple of saves available or else you will be PISSED just as I was. You will get it eventually. I grappled and swung up successfully all because of LUCK. This one is the hardest in the game (in my opinion)
5. (Jan Mayen Island) This relic is located in the maze and it can be a Pain to get this as it is timed. You must get to the exit but there will be a lever lying on the floor which will be used to connect into the wall but you must use the block located a bit down from the wall with the whole which you must stick the lever in. After you move the block to the wall, pick up the lever and connect to the wall. After you connect it to the wall grab onto it and pull it down. After you pull it down a timer will start. During this timer you must drive as fast as you will go and make no wrong turns. You have opened a door with this switch. This door is located left of the entrance and then you must turn right (you won't have a choice since it is a corner) then you must take the next left to enter the dead end area where the relic is located. Remember you must hurry or the door will shut again!
6. (Arctic Sea) This one is located in the area where there is Blue water that kills you (Still don't know what it's called) and you see the Evill chick with wings (Don't know her name) activate a door at the red end of the room. You must activate 4 triggers in this area to stop one of the waterfalls from falling and it will let you use your grapple to swing into the platform behind it.
Triggers (they are shown as logos on the wall):
1. It is to the right of the entrance
2. For this, you must walk across the first pole on the water you see. The logo is behind the wall at the end of the pole.
3. This one is on a platform close to the exit. It is next to the middle platform at the red side of the area.
4. This one is the same as the first one but on the red side of the area.
After you activate them all as fast as possible, you have about 1 minute to climb up onto the platform in the middle of the room, grapple the grapple ring and swing over to the platform that is not covered by a Dangerous waterfall and the relic will be right there. Then you must quickly swing back to the other platform before the waterfall comes back on again.
Skilled Treasure Hunter: Find 50 Treasures
See Master Treasure hunter
Dedicated Treasure Hunter: Find 100 treasures
See Master Treasure Hunter
Dedicated Relic Finder: Find 3 Relics
See Master Relic Finder
Master Climber: Execute a chimney jump of at least 4 wall kicks
This can be achieved in the last expedition when you have to destroy the Mechanism that will raise a snake god. You will eventaually come across a chimney wall requiring 4 wall kicks.
Master Road Killer: Kill five enemies by running over them with your motorcycle
This can be achieved easily if you just run over every enemy you see with your motorcycle.
Master Grenadier: Kill three enemies with one grenade
I achieved this in the Thailand expedition, when you had to collect the jewels that get connected to the statue of the god Sheva's hands. I had about four giant lizards around me chucked a grenade and blew us all up but I survived, they didn't. You throw a grenade by pressing R1.
Weapons Master: Execute 10 adrenaline attack headshots
This is one of the easiest trophies in the whole game. All you have to do is execute 10 adrenaline attack headshots on enemies. You can execute an adrenaline attack heashot on an enemy by, while having a full adrenaline metre, you aim at an enemy, run up to them and press square then all you have to do is aim the reticule at the marker.
Prologue: Complete the Prologue
Story based, can't be missed
Treasure Collector: Find 10 treasures
See Master Treasure Collector
Relic Finder: Find a relic
See Master Relic Finder
Swan Diver I: Swan dive from the top of the kraken room
The top of the kraken room in the Medditeranean Sea Expedition is the platform above the platform with the lever that is used to raise the spiked chandelier. Climb up to this platform by chimney jumping up from the side. Once you reach the top, swan dive from the edge of the ledge. You can swan dive by jumping then immediately pressing circle.
Swan Diver II: Swan dive from the top of Amanda's ship.
This area is during the Medditeranean sea expedition. After you climb up the anchor and reach the surface of the ship, you must chimney jump up the ship containers. As soon as you reach the second level of the ship, turn right. There should be a small, white, rectangular box. Jump onto this box and swan dive off.
Swan Diver III: Swan Dive off the cliffs of Thailand
This certain cliff that you must swan dive off is the last ledge you will encounter right before going into the jungle. You must jump off THIS ledge. You cannot jump off another ledge or this trophy will not unlock.
Climber: Execute a chimney jump of at least four wall kicks
This is very easy to obtain. You will most likely unlock this trophy in the first expedition.
Speed Demon I: Drive into Xibalba in under 45 seconds
Basically, you just have to drive as fast as you can into Xibalba. Xibalba is the underground place you have to drive into in Southern Mexico. You have to set both compasses directly. As soon as you complete the last one again, run as quickly as possible to your motorcycle and drive as fast as you can to the entrance to the underground place.
Speed Demon II: Drive from the top of the Valgrind to the bottom in under fifty seconds
The Valgrind is the path that swirls from the top to the bottom in the Jan Mayan Expedition. This can be hard if you're not very good at handling. Just try not to fall into the holes.
Speed Demon III: Drive through the Valhalla maze in under 40 seconds
This is the area after the Valgrind. It is also the area where relic number 5 is. I recommend NOT trying to get them both at once. This is a hard one but if you know your way around you should be fine. You should take your time going through to find the correct path and then restart from a checkpoint (either loading a save or dying). As soon as you restart from a checkpoint, drive as fast as you can through the correct path.
RoadKiller: Kill an enemy by running over it with the motorcycle
See Master RoadKiller
Grenadier: Kill two enemies with one grenade
See Master Grenadier
Weapons Expert: Execute an adrenaline attack headshot on an enemy
See Weapons Master
Mediterranean Sea Expedition: Complete the Mediterranean Sea Expedition (Bronze)
Coastal Thailand Expedition: Complete the Coastal Thailand Expedition(Silver)
Croft Manor Expedition: Complete the Croft Manor Expedition(Bronze)
Southern Mexico Expedition: Complete the Southern Mexico Expedition(Silver)
Jan Mayan Expedition: Complete the Jan Mayan Expedition(Bronze)
Andaman Sea Expedition: Complete the Jan Mayan Expedition(Bronze)
Arctic Sea Expedition: Complete the Arctic Sea Expedition(Silver)
These are all Story Based and cannot be missed.
I hope this trophy guide will help you and yet again I am very sorry I was unable to provide a trophy guide.August 1, 2009 at 2:59 pm #34456
By the way, this is my first Trophy guide and my first post. I am new. And again, I am sorry I was unable to provide a trophy guideOctober 25, 2009 at 10:24 pm #47567
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.