PS3 (v2.50) update
Home › Forum › General PS3 Discussion › PS3 (v2.50) update
- This topic is empty.
October 13, 2008 at 9:58 pm #13509killer3129Member
- Support for the PS3 Official Bluetooth Headset – we’ve told you about the upcoming Bluetooth Headset and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Bundle on the Blog. This latest firmware installment enables High-Quality (HQ) mode, which delivers clear and wide-band online voice chat. On top of that, an added on-screen indicator shows battery status, volume level and use of HQ mode.
- PlayStation Trophies interface enhancements – I know that many of you are busy collecting trophies and raising your PlayStation Trophy level. This update makes sharing and comparing your trophies with your friends even easier. On 1st part of the profile page you’ll see a symbol under level that represents level and the actual percentage towards the next level along with the existing level meter. The level symbol carries over to the trophy comparison screen where you will now be able to see your level, your friend’s level and the percentage towards the next level for both users along with all of the game by game comparison information you see today.
- Friend status – Offline friends on your Friends list will have information below their avatars that will indicate how long it has been since they were last online.
- Video – This update adds the Scene Search feature similar to the feature on the PSP. Activating this feature while viewing a video on the PS3 will break the video up into scenes that you can quickly access by pressing the X button. You can break the videos into one, two or five minute intervals. In addition, you can now choose to have all of the videos under the video section of the XMB play in sequence. Go to Settings then Video Settings to turn this option on.
- PlayStation Store – We’ve added a redeem codes option right on the store to make it easier to redeem your PlayStation Network Cards and promotion codes. In addition, PlayStation Network Sign Up and Account Management have been redesigned.
- Power Save Settings – You can now set your PS3 and wireless controllers to turn off automatically after set periods of inactivity. Go to Settings then Power Save Settings to turn on these features.
- Background Downloading – You now have the option to set the PS3 to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has completed. This option is available when you turn off the system from the button under [Users] while content is being downloaded or installed.
- In-game Screenshots – this tool will allow everyone to capture, share and in other words, immortalize their favorite gameplay moments. This will be supported on a game by game basis. Please check back to find out which games will support this feature.
cant wait for this 2 come out and there might b more changes alsoOctober 13, 2008 at 10:10 pm #17800parnakasMember
this update looks like best 1 yetOctober 13, 2008 at 11:05 pm #17809B4RTMember
I think the background-download-automatic-turnoff-system-thingy is good. And umm the updated trophy system sounds nice too, also def. getting that bluetooth headset !October 13, 2008 at 11:10 pm #17813InsaniaMember
this looks like the most exiting update since the last 1 lolOctober 14, 2008 at 12:12 am #17821
i really like the ability to take in game screenshots. i have been looking forward to it for a long time now.October 14, 2008 at 1:49 am #17830VegetaSSjd10Member
Hey guys,you know when this update will be released???October 14, 2008 at 2:35 am #17832jamesb5374Member
It does look good – I heard it was out before the end of the year, but no more accurate than that.October 14, 2008 at 3:01 am #17838PS3 TrophiesKeymaster
From what I've heard it's going to be out pretty soon.October 14, 2008 at 4:37 am #17840Resistant401Member
this is awesomeOctober 14, 2008 at 6:45 pm #17869
i think is the 28th novemberOctober 14, 2008 at 7:25 pm #17879PS3 TrophiesKeymaster
No it's tomorrow the 15th.October 14, 2008 at 7:31 pm #17880
GREATOctober 14, 2008 at 8:50 pm #17906
PS3 Trophies said:
No it's tomorrow the 15th.
15? o rly!?
…awesomeOctober 14, 2008 at 9:01 pm #17917
i really like the ability to take in game screenshots. i have been looking forward to it for a long time now.
will this mean that you will have to pause to take the shot therefore having the picture of the pause menu?October 14, 2008 at 9:05 pm #17921
im hoping that it will be a buttom where you take the picture and it pauses the game directly after taking the picture. that would be fantastic.
if you have to pause the game to take a picture, then it will be a bit worthless really. because you will just be taking a picture of the pause screen :S
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Comments are Closed